Thursday, February 23, 2012

Viva la Verve Feb. Week 4 CAS


It's Friday!! Woo-Hoo!! I'm so looking forward to the weekend. I'm also looking forward to seeing what stampers do with this week's VLV sketch that I'm hosting in the Verve forum over at Splitcoast Stampers. This year, we're dedicating the last week of the month to CAS (Clean and Simple) sketches, and we love it when you join in the challenge. So, head on over to the Verve Forum and check out all the details.

Julee released a PJ (Plain Jane) this month, that I feel speaks to many at different times in their lives. It's called Be Okay. Here's a closer look.


Okay, my ribbon is covering it a bit. It says "Everything is going to be okay". Isn't the font fun?

Those who frequent my blog, know I love to distress paper. Whether it be with ink, or just ripping the edges to shreds. Well, funny thing, I never thought of distressing the centers of the papers before. It's always been the edges. Now we all have or have had jeans with holes in the knees. Am I right? Why wouldn't paper wear in random places too? So, I added a small tear to the "inside" of my base panel. Just one...baby steps with the tears...lol


Here's the CAS sketch for you to work with. I flipped the sketch on it's side for my card.



Remember, if you make a card using this sketch, be sure to upload it to Splitcoast Stampers and link it in the Verve Forum found HERE.

post signature

_______________________________________________________

Stamps: Be Okay (Verve)
Paper: Dilly Dally (My Mind's Eye), Vintage Cream (PTI)
Ink: Smokey Gray (Versafine), Pumice Stone (Ranger Distress)
Accessories: Petite Ovals and Labels 18 dies (Spellbinders), Small Exotic Butterfly die (Cheery Lynn Designs), Vintage Wrinkled Ribbon (Prairie Bird Boutique), Button (PTI), Twine (Olive Manna), Border Punch (Martha Stewart), Glitter, Quickie Glue Pen, Sewing Machine, Distrezz-it-All (Zutter)

8 comments:

Kjersti said...

What a great card - simple but sooo gorgeous!! Love the colours, papers, sentiment, layout - everything:)
Hugs Kjersti:)

Joy said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!!

Marisa said...

Love how you used the wood grain paper, Tosh! Reminded me of the side of an old barn and the little rip does add character. Fabulous take on the sketch.

SAMARA said...

Toshi I absolutely LOVE this!!!! I was going to ask you if you stamped this on wood, which I thought would be brilliant (not stamped but made.) It's been a long time! Your pic is gorgeous - love it and so is your blog. The card is just gorgeous and you are right - the sentiment is perfect for many things. I love the tear in the middle and have never seen that before. brilliant! smiles and happiness samara

Jerri Kay said...

A fabulous card Tosh, I love your take on the sketch. Perfectly masculine.

Conniecrafter said...

Awesome card, love the fell of it and the paper is so cool, love your little distressing in the center, great idea! Neat stitching around the sentiment and sweet butterfly!

Cheryl said...

LOVE IT! Your bg paper is awesome, and I love all the distressing, especially the tear in the middle. How clever!

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

Gorgeous, as always, Tosh! I love your idea to tear just that tiny bit of paper in the middle!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs