Monday, September 3, 2012

Happy Birthday Sankari!!



I have had the privilege of meeting some of the kindest, warm-hearted and talented paper crafters in the industry, and it just so happens it's the birthday of one such crafter. Sankari Wegman has such a beautiful and unique way of combining colors and textures. Every time I see one of her creations, I can not help but smile. I truly believe it's because of the heart that goes into each one. Well, since it's her birthday, I made a card for her and even included some "pearls" around the sentiment, which Sankari is known to use on occasion. ;) She normally uses liquid pearls, but I used an Ice White Pearl Pen (Viva Decor).




I also used images from one of my absolute favorite designers: Waltzingmouse. Claire has designed spectacular frames for many of the Spellbinders Labels dies which are fabulous for framing her beautifully fonted sentiments. So using the Spellbinders Labels 14 die, I combined the two sets Holiday Labels 14 and Compact Sentiments, with this week's Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge.

If you get a chance, head on over to Sankari's blog, Sankari's Sunshine Corner, and wish her a Happy Birthday!!

Happy Birthday my sweet friend!!
Hugs!!

post signature

_______________________________________________________________

Stamps: Holiday Labels 14 and Compact Sentiments (Waltzingmouse)
Paper: Zephyr (Prima), White (PTI)
Dies: Labels 14 die (Spellbinders)
Ink: Smokey Gray (Versafine), Oasis Green (VersaMagic)
Accessories: Ice White Pearl Pen (Viva Decor), Buttons (PTI), Petal Pin (Prima), Tassels and Lace Ribbon, Corner Rounder Punch, Sewing Machine, Dimensional Tape (Scotch)

7 comments:

Radha said...

Gorgeous Tosh!
I so love it!

SUZYD said...

BEAUTIFUL CARD.SUZYD X

Marisa said...

You described Sankiri wonderfully. Fabulous card for her :) Love the pearls around the sentiment adn great use of the sketch.

Sankari W. said...

WHAT??! No Way?! Wow! Tosh - I am soooo touched! Thank you so much my dear sweet friend for your kind words and your amazing post!! I am floored and speechless and so grateful to have such a sweet friend! I adore you and your card is simply gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous!!! LOVE everything about it and those White Pearls have me swooning!!! Thank you my sweet friend! You are the best!! Love you!!
Sankari :)))))

scrappymo! said...

What a beautiful card. Well done!!!

Dottie said...

This is a soft and gentle card with just beautiful colors. Wow. Sweet ribbon. Everything about it speaks of gentleness. Very lovely.

Conniecrafter said...

so pretty, love the soft colors and the pretty combo of trims!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs