Thursday, November 29, 2012

Waltzingmouse December Release Hop ~ Day 2

Welcome to Day 2 of the Waltzingmouse December Release Hop!!   

Today we're featuring two new sets:  My Heart and Woodenheart Alphabet





My Heart is a charming wood grained set filled with lovely images that can be used for weddings, Valentine's Day, Anniversaries, or any friend or loved one.  I chose to make a Valentine's Day card for my husband.  Thus the masculine look again.  I Rock~n~Rolled the heart using Pearlescent Beige and Coffee Bean (Brilliance).  All the leaves and the banner were inked with Pearlescent Olive and Coffee Bean (Brilliance), using the same technique.

The numbers are from the Woodenheart Alphabet set.  The date is the year we got married and was Rock~n~Rolled with Coffee Bean (Brilliance) and Onyx Black (Versafine).  I thought about putting our initials in the heart, but that's as far as I got...because our initials are "E"and "T".  I can't help but thinking about "phoning home" every time I put our initials together.  LOL

I inked the Woodgrain Backgrounder with Latte (a muse), stamped it on ivory cs, and embossed it with a Wood grain embossing folder by Sizzix.  I then sanded it and inked some Waltnut Stain (Ranger Distress) a bit over the raised portions.  Lastly, I added some Natural Burlap String (May Arts), a Button and an EK Success punched border.

That's it for today's project.  Be sure to visit all the other participating DT blogs.  You won't want to miss a stop.

And, a little reminder that a few of the DT will be hopping after the release also.  Claire will have the list on her blog when the time gets closer. 

Bonnie Sharp 
Sarah Martina Parker
Tosha Leyendekker (you are here)
Kelly Schirmer 
Sandie Dunne 
Clare Buswell 
Julia Aston 
Jennifer Holmes 
Claire Brennan

 post signature
_______________________________________________________________________

Stamps:  My Heart and Woodenheart Alphabet (Waltzingmouse)
Paper:  Vintage Cream and Kraft (PTI)
Ink:  Coffee Bean, Pearlescent Beige, Pearlescent Olive (Brilliance), Onyx Black (Versafine), Walnut Stain (Ranger Distress)
Accessories:  Border Punch (EK Success), Natural Burlap String (May Arts), Wood Button (PTI), Wood Embossing Folder (Sizzix)

14 comments:

Bonnie said...

How gorgeous Tosha! I think the year is the most perfect idea - gorgeous colours!

Julia Aston said...

What a wonderful way to commemorate your anniversary Tosh - love all the woodgrain - and your pretty heart - the background vine stamping looks great!

anya said...

Oohoooh. You amaze me every time. This is just gorgeous - I love the rustic feel of it, yet it is still so romantic! Always inspiring, Tosh!

Deborah Frings said...

Love the really textured look and feel to your card! The colours and twine bow are just fab! Really like the font on the numbers too!

Marisa said...

Love the neutral pallet and that triple looped twine bow is fabulous!!

Pauline said...

Absolutely stunning Tosha! I love the neutral colours, and the wonderful stamped pattern.

Jennifer Holmes said...

Tosha, you did a great job at making these all work together so beautifully! Terrific idea to add the year!

Helen L said...

that is just a fantastic card!! Love the colors and your layout!

Renee said...

Tosha...simply stunning!!
I LOVE these sets...
OMGoodness the woodgrain is incredible on these images...
and that alphabet...
LOVE!! :)

Conniecrafter said...

that is just too cool, I love this idea for an anniversary card, tfs!

Holly Saveur said...

LOVE this card..great colors..and design!

The Hardy Stamper said...

What a beautiful card! I love that leafy branch stamp and how you've created a background with it. WMS are just great for doing that with - so versatile.

Kelly S. said...

GORGEOUS! I love the warm colors! How clever to use those stamps to make a date for an anniversary card! And your comment about "Man, why didn't I think of that?" I say that EVERY SINGLE time I visit your blog, LOL! Every.single.time :)!! XO

Rebecca Ednie said...

Great idea for an anniversary card! Love it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs