Friday, July 18, 2014

Sending Sunshine


Wow!!  Do you feel like this Summer is flying by?  We're already half way through July!!  Crazy!
Well, since it's Friday, I have a Power Poppy inspiration to share with you.

I have a dear, dear friend who is going a round with cancer for the 3rd time and my heart is just breaking for her and her family.  They live 2000 miles away, so there is little I can do to help.  So, I thought I'd send her a "Box of Sunshine".  You may have seen this idea floating around Pinterest.  I have a variety of yellow gifts I'm going to send her, so of course I had to make a card with a yellow theme to send with them. 

Marcy's Peonies, from the Dynamic Duos: Peonies and Tulips set, are just so lovely and soothing to me.  So I decided I wanted them to be my focal point.   I stamped them with Versamark onto Water color paper, embossed them with White ep, and colored them with Distress Markers.  There are beautiful sentiments included in this set too.  I just couldn't fit them on the front of my card.

http://powerpoppy.blogspot.com/
The background dp is, appropriately called "On the Sunny Side".  I also added some Corrugated Tape and some Seam Binding that I tied using the Bow-it-All.

Now, for more details on how you can be the Power Poppy Peep of the week, click HERE, or on the graphic.

For some more Power Poppy inspiration, check out what these Bloom Brigade members have to share:

_______________________________________________________________________

Stamps:  Dynamic Duos: Peonies and Tulips (Power Poppy)
Paper:  On the Sunny Side (MME), Water Color, White (PTI)
Ink:  Versamark
Accessories:  Decorative Labels Twenty-Seven and Octagon dies (Spellbinders), Distress Markers, Seam Binding, Sparklers (Webster's Pages), Hat Pins (Petaloo and Prima), White Corrugate Tape (Little B), Lace, White Embossing Powder (Ranger) 

12 comments:

Julie Koerber said...

Well, I should say mission accomplished with this sunny side up theme. Your creation is stunningly beautiful and can I just tell you that you are one of the most thoughtful women I know? To think of something unique like this to brighten someone's day and help them through such a tough time? I hope as I age you rub off on me more and more. The sweet cards and things you sent after I lost my father in law will never be forgotten -- I love your big heart Ms. Tosh!

ChristineCreations said...

This is beautiful Tosh! I LOVE the yellow theme, especially for someone fighting cancer. You are a gem to send her this. Al the elements of this design fit together so beautifully!

Toni said...

Love love love the colors and details! you photographed it beautifully too!

Shelly said...

This is gorgeous!!! Love!

Karen W said...

Very pretty, love the embossing and lace

Bajalizzy said...

love this summery card - so captures the brightness and contentment of summer - like the way you photographed this card with the herkimer diamonds

Kathy Jones said...

*THUD* Tosha, you are incredibly inspiring!! I love this bright, happy, sunshiney card!!! I am so sorry to hear about your friend and I'm sure she is going to love this 'Box of Sunshine' in her mailbox!! Love everything about this stunning card!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my goodness, how I love yellow, and this is just yellow heaven! Beautiful card for your friend, Tosh. I just love the design. This will be wonderful in your box of sunshine. I used to do that for my son years ago when he first moved away from home -- send boxes of any and everything, but all in the same color. More fun with a girl, though, I imagine. I'm so sorry about your friend.

Allison Cope said...

Oh wow Tosh... bright, bold and beautiful! Love it!!! So cheerful! Love your bow and hat pins too.

CherylQuilts said...

Saw this on SCS and commented on it!! I LOVE this card and also the story behind how and why you designed it! What a joy it will bring to your very dear friend! Praying for her and you as you walk with her through this time! Hugs!

Stacy Morgan said...

So cheerful and sunshiny! Love the embossing girl.

Pet73 said...

Very very pretty!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs