Sunday, September 14, 2014

Waltzingmouse September Pajama Party


It's Pajama Party time with Waltzingmouse Stamps, and there are some fun challenges to participate in.  If you should decide to participate, you could win credit for some fabulous Waltzingmouse product!!  For all the rules, head on over to the Waltzingmouse Blog

I have two projects to share with you that I created for two separate challenges.  


 
 
 
For my first card, I went CAS and created a card for the Old Pajamas challenge using two different WMS sets:  Seasonal Flourish and Vintage Christmas Backgrounder
 
I just took a 3/4" strip of copy paper, taped it to 3 1/4" piece of cardstock, and laid the masked piece of cardstock, face down, on top of the inked  Vintage Christmas Backgrounder image (Love Letter Memento Dye Ink).  I then laid another piece of copy paper over top of that and rubbed over the entire piece of cardstock, making sure I rubbed a bit more over the masked area so the stamped edges would be crisp.  I then took a sponge dauber and inked over the edges of the masked area to give a bit more definition to the border, and stamped the sentiment (Seasonal Flourish) with Onyx Black Versafine Ink.  I love how the flourishes in the sentiment go into the background. 


 



For my second project, I was inspired by the PJ Bedtime Story Sketch.  I combined a few of the newest released Halloween sets as well as a couple of WMS dies for this one:  Boo and Friends, Great Big Owl, and Peek a Boo Sentiments, Dies:  Boo and Friends - Vamp Die Set and Folding Tag Die Set

I colored the Vampire Boo with Copics, and added a couple of the circle images (from the Great Big Owl set) to the base of the tag.

The sentiment on the inside is from the Great Big Owl set too.  I wish I would have alternated colors in the sentiment with some orange and mayber green or purple, but, another idea for another project.


 



That's it for my projects.  I hope you've been inspired to join in on the challenges.
     Happy Stamping!!
___________________________________________________________________

Joy to the World
Paper:  White and Black (PTI)
Ink:  Love Letter (Memento), Onyx Black (Versafine)
Accessories:  Black Stitched Ribbon (SU!), Snowflake Punch (Martha Stewart), Glitter (Ranger), Enamel Dot (Teresa Collins), Corner Rounder Punch

Fangtastic Halloween
Paper:  X-Press It Blending, All Hallows Eve (Carta Bella), Black and Kraft (PTI)
Ink:  Black Soot (Ranger Distress), Onyx Black (Versafine), Tuxedo Black (Memento)
AccessoriesBoo and Friends - Vamp Die Set and Folding Tag Die Set (WMS), Copics, Enamel Dots (Teresa Collins), Seam Binding Ribbon

4 comments:

Julia Aston said...

Love both of your creations Tosh!

Anne-Elise said...

Gorgeous work, Tosh! Your cards are beautiful!

snowbear said...

I really love your Halloween card.. it's just so cute and halloweenish!!

Deborah Frings said...

Both cards are super. Love the red, black and white on the Christmas card. But it's the Halloween card that I adore. Love the papers and that fantastic tag! Great work.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs