Saturday, November 29, 2014

Waltzingmouse Dec. Release ~ Old Country Roses

For my Power Poppy Post, click HERE


I'm sharing two posts each day for the next few days, so if you missed my previous post, click on the link at the top of the post.  Right now, however, I'm super excited to share one of the new Waltzingmouse Stamps releases called Old Country Roses.  It's a layered image set full of gorgeous Roses, leaves, and this sweet sentiment.

I decided to go for a watercolor effect using a variety of Ranger Distress Inks with Watercolor paper.  I layered my rose by "stamping off" the image, onto some scrap cardstock, after inking it with Dusty Concord.  I then stamped the next layer using Dusty Concord without first "stamping it off".  Lastly, I added the final layer (the flower center) using Chipped Sapphire.  For the leaves, I inked up the leaf base with Bundled Sage, the second layer with Crushed Olive, and the final layer with Forest Moss.  After creating my background, I spritzed the paper with water allowing the inks to run.  While it was still wet, I laid another piece of watercolor paper on the top to soak up the excess ink, thus creating my background for the sentiment.  I LOVE the splotches.

That about sums up this project for today.
Thanks for dropping by!
    Happy Stamping!

___________________________________________________________________

StampsOld Country Roses (Waltzingmouse Stamps)
Paper:  Watercolor, White (PTI)
Ink:  Dusty Concord, Chipped Sapphire, Bundled Sage, Crushed Olive, Forest Moss (Ranger Distress), Black Onyx (Versafine)
Accessories:  Regal Frame and A2 Matting Basics A dies (Spellbinders), Silk Ribbon (Stamp Simply Ribbon Store), Sparklet (Kaisercraft)  

4 comments:

Julia Aston said...

The stampings look wonderful with your watercolor technique Tosh!

Jeanne J. said...

Gorgeous watercolor look! So soft and dreamy!

clelie said...

I love the splotches, too! Love the watercolor effect...totally inspired! :)

Deborah Frings said...

Stunning! I really like the delicate look to the roses, the pretty sentiment and that fabulous ornate frame. Lovely work.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs