Friday, January 30, 2015

Big Scripts ~ Power Poppy


Hello friends!!  I'm so glad you stopped in again today.  The Power Poppy Bloom Brigade is featuring Big Scripts today that are all handwritten by Marcella herself.  They are super fun and can add just the right amount of punch to any project.  Now, I stepped WAY OUT of my comfort zone today and went with a CAS graphic feel.  I tell you, these cards take me a ton more time to make than my detailed vintage ones.  Seriously.  I am happy with how this simple little "hello" turned out though.  

http://powerpoppy.com/products/big-scripts-stamp-set
I decided a conversation bubble would be kind of fun as a frame, so I created one in Word, printed it out on copy paper, cut it out and traced it onto cardstock...only because my printer HATES heavy card stock.  It has quite the attitude and spits it out at me every time.  The nerve...I tell ya!  After stamping "hello" in the bubble, I just added a bit of doodling around the border.

Lastly, I splattered some acrylic paint in the background, embossed it with a Sizzix embossing folder and added some Twine and Enamel Dots.

Now, for some more exciting inspiration, check out these Bloom Brigade Blogs:
That's it!  Easy Peasy, with a sweet little "hello".

Since it's Friday, it's also Power Poppy Peeps Challenge.  I hope you'll find some time to participate.  Here's a link for all the info on how to participate.

   Happy Stamping!

_____________________________________________________________

StampsBig Scripts (Power Poppy)
Paper:  Creative Agenda (EP), White and Black (PTI)
Ink:  Onyx Black (Versafine)
Accessories:  Embossing Folder (Sizzix), Enamel Dots (MME), Twine, 0.1 Copic Multi Liner 

7 comments:

Julie Koerber said...

Okay, this is just too cute for words! I love, love, love that little word bubble and all the dots of color with those enamel dots. Creative and sweet at the same time Ms. Tosh!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Tosh, this is darling! I just love it and how you've made your own word bubble! Yes, it sounds like your printer needs an attitude adjustment - haha!! They can be persnickety!! I just love the blue with the black and lots of white, and I love the twine with the enamel dots and splatter...so very "in" today! Yes, it's hard to do something that is out of your comfort zone, but I would never know that from seeing this beautiful are! It's going to make someone very happy! Hugs!

ChristineCreations said...

I really love the clean graphic feel - it’s so smart! I really love the speech bubble to show it all off and the awesome bunch of twine...so cute!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, I hear you... When you step out of your comfort zone it's slow going. However, you did a FABULOUS job on this with the bold "Hello". I can't help but notice how deftly you combined the print of the designer paper with the embossed pattern. Yay, Tosh!

Carol Held said...

You did a marvellous card here my Christian sister in the Lord! What a great testimonial as your introduction! I enjoyed looking at your projects! Thank you for sharing, and giving Inspiration to keep going! Smiles www.stampinribbons.blogspot.com

Stacy Morgan said...

Super FUN! This is a great teen card! I like the stitched look around the speech bubble and your textures. So very fun Tosh.

Katie Sims said...

What an awesome idea to use a conversation bubble for this sentiment! See, there goes your card genius again...you always know just how to show off an image to it's most adorable potential! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs