Friday, March 9, 2018

Blossoming Cherry Shaker ~ Power Poppy

 

Happy Friday!!  It's been awhile since I've posted, and I am so glad to be back.  Sometimes life gets in the way of creative time, and when that happens, I get itchy to get back in my studio.

Today I used a Power Poppy digital image called Blossoming Cherry.  It's so soft and delicate and I just love this sentiment that comes with it.  Now, let me start by saying how much digital images used to intimidate me.  I used to avoid them at all costs.  Now, I love how versatile they are.  I can make them any size I want, and manipulate them to my hearts desire.  That's what I did with this Blossoming Cherry image.  I wanted a floral frame, so I just kept turning the image until I created the type of frame I was looking for.


 

I also wanted to make it a shaker card to amp up the "fun" and interactive aspects.  So here you have it.  My Blossoming Cherry Shaker card.  It's 5 1/4" x 5 1/4".  It's rather large.  For the background panel, I just cut it to size and scored every 1/4" both directions.



That's it for my project today.  For some more delicious Power Poppy inspiration, check out the following blogs:

Allison Cope
Cindy Lawrence
Kathy Jones
Tosha Leyendekker---you are here
 
Thanks so much for stopping by.  I hope you are enjoying a delightful weekend.
  Happy Stamping!
_______________________________________________________

Stamps:  Blossoming Cherry (Power Poppy)
Paper:  X-Press It, White (PTI), Acetate
Ink:  Printer
Dies:  Outside In Stitched Scalloped Square Stackables (Lawn Fawn)
CopicsBackground ~ B02, B01, B00, B000, C2, C1 Cherry Blossoms ~ RV17, RV13, RV10 Stems ~ YG67, YG17, YG11
Accessories:  Scor-Pal, Sequins (Pretty Pink Posh) 

4 comments:

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Tosh, what a gorgeous shaker card! I LOVE your colors, and what a fun design! So glad you finally got to enjoy time in your studio...and share your beautiful work with us!! Warm hugs, sweet friend! xoxo

Itsaboutthecolors said...

Lovely card. Bought the digi Stamp and thanks for the inspiration!

Conniecrafter said...

Beautiful way to return, gorgeous coloring and the goodies inside the shaker compliment it so well, lovely framing of it all!

Dandi93 said...

So pretty Tosh, so glad you found some time to create

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs