Thursday, May 17, 2018

Creative + Curious Wild Mushrooms ~ Power Poppy

 

http://powerpoppy.com/products/wild-mushrooms
Hello my creative friends!!!  It's the second day for Power Poppy previews of the new Creative + Curious Collection, and I'm featuring an absolutely fantastic Wild Mushroom set.  Seriously...Marcy has included such a variety of super fun mushrooms that I had a hard time choosing which one to use until I focused on one of the sentiments.  It says "I am so happy I found you".  I immediately thought that I had to make a masculine card for my husband.  

Now, you might be thinking why mushrooms for my husband...well...he HATES them, and I love them.  We can be kind of ornery to each other at times...well, a lot of times, so why not make him a card with mushrooms? In his defense, the only mushrooms he has ever seen in the wild, grow on piles of manure that we store in the back of our dairy before using it as fertilizer in our fields.  So, I imagine that might be a bit disgusting if those are the only ones he can think of.  haha

I thought the Morel mushrooms were super fun with their sponge-like texture, so I decided to use the no-line technique with them.  I started by stamping the mushroom vignette with Peanut Brittle Memento ink onto X-Press It cardstock, masked off the image, and sponged Faded Jeans, Peeled Paint and Walnut Stain Distress Oxides around it.  I then (with the mask still on) sprinkled water onto the distressed areas.  I then removed the mask and proceeded to color the image with Copics.

I also scored a frame that I made after diecutting and opening for a bit of texture, and added the sentiment with a mini-paperclip.

Oh, and by-the-way...there are coordinating dies for this set!!  Yep!!!  How awesome is that!?!?!?




That's it for my project today. 
Be sure to check out the blogs of the following Bloom Brigaders.  They have quite the inspirational pieces to share with you today!!

Allison Cope
Christine Okken
Cindy Lawrence
Julie Koerber
Katie Sims
Stacy Morgan
Tosha Leyendekker
---you are here

Power Poppy 

Thanks for dropping by today.  I hope you'll stop by tomorrow...it's all about Toile...well, and bees.  I'm just super giddy about this next set. 

  Happy Stamping!!

_____________________________________________________

StampsWild Mushrooms (Power Poppy)
Paper:  X-Press It, Kraft (PTI), Bazzill
Ink:  Peanut Brittle (Memento), Peeled Paint, Faded Jeans, Walnut Stain (Distress Oxide) 
Dies: Stitched Rounded Rectangles and Stitched Fishtail Flags (Die-namics MFT), Double Pierced Rectangles Die (Elle-ments Avery Elle)
CopicsMushrooms ~ E89, E87, E84, E81, E99, E97, E E95, E93, Y04, E53, E51 Flowers ~ BV08, BV17, BV13, BV01, V04 Leaves ~ YG67, YG62, YG61, YG03 Shadows ~ W3, W1
Accessories:  Scor-Pal, Mini-paperclip, Dimensional Tape 

9 comments:

ellyscard creatief said...

This is really awesome. Love your coloring.

CherylQuilts said...

Well, Tosh, I am giggling because I am the one who isn't crazy about mushrooms in my family. I pick them out of my meals and put them on DH's dish! LOL! But I can see where your DH would like not them much after seeing them in the piles of manure! Hehe! Anyway, your card is amazing, and your no-line coloring of this mushroom is just perfect! I am so impressed, and I love the layout with the texture of the embossing. Beautifully done, and now be sure to take a photo when he opens the envelope, K? Hugs, sweet friend, and I look forward to tomorrow to see more! xoxo

Nanasniftynitch said...

Love your Morels, beautiful card! I had to giggle reading your post... sounds like something I’d do. Ha thanks to for all the information you added to get the look of your card too. I always come away from hops learning new ideas. Thank you! Xx April

Lady Bug Stampers said...

wow great stamp and what a beautiful way to display it. Great sentiment as well. Love these new stamps but then I love all Poppy Power Stamps.

Lisa said...

Hahahaha, I love your explanation for using the mushrooms on a card for your husband. My husband and I are like that with each other also!

You've got such wonderful depth and dimension with this image, fabulous job!

D.Ann C said...

Squee! You chose my favorite! And you colored them fabulously!!

AndreaH said...

Great story from 'manure to plate lol. I'm also a mushroom hater lol they're soooo watery and tasteless. I love your card though the colouring is divine and I think it's perfect for men. TFS xx

Stacy Morgan said...

hee hee you anrey... nah. :-) He is going to love it. Great coloring and very pretty. He doesn't have to eat these so I am pretty sure it will be fine. HA!

Allison Cope said...

Your Morels look almost good enough to eat! Love the sky you created behind them! Fabulous card Tosh!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs